Monday, 16 June 2014

Clean 9 - Day One!

So today is Day One of my Clean 9 Detox. I was full of anticipation when I went to bed last night, I wasn't sure I could do it.

I woke up later than usual this morning as I wasn't at work so I had a slightly later start. I was nervous about trying the aloe vera gel - after another pensive sniff, it smelt worse than I remembered. Either way I took my 2 Garcinia Plus tablets 20 minutes prior to the gel as instructed. The tablets really are huge, but they're smooth coated so go down easily. Next came the gel!

I measured my 60ml in to the cup - majorly aware I was going to have to have 2 of them - held my nose and chugged it. Needless to say, it's pretty vile. After both shots, I washed my mouth out with water and gulped as much water down as I physically could. The aftertaste sticks around for a while, but it's soon forgotten. It's important for me to remember that the gel plays a vital role in the cleanse. It's not about starvation, but about completely resetting your digestive system. The gel allows your stomach to restore itself to full working order and erase any remnants of previous bad dietary habits. Without it, the detox wouldn't work! I made sure I took my bee pollen tablets straight after and decided for my 20 minutes exercise I would take the dog for a walk.

If I'm honest it didn't particularly feel like a work out so tomorrow I'm wondering whether to go out on the bike for 20 minutes or so. Something that definitely gets my heart pumping and work up a sweat - now that's a work out!

By lunch time I was looking forward to trying out the vanilla shake. I wasn't particularly hungry, but I knew I would start to be soon. Once again I chugged down the 120ml of aloe vera gel whilst holding my nose and took my 2 bee pollen tablets. The taste wasn't any easier to handle.

The shake however, was surprisingly filling! So filling in fact that despite how delicious it was (and you're right Chrissy, it does taste like Mr Whippy!) I couldn't even finish it all. The milkshake is meant to be mixed with either skimmed milk or soya milk - considering I'm not a drink milker at all, I just used the 1% fat milk that was in the fridge. It was so tasty, I'm looking forward to tomorrow already.



Now Chrissy has asked me to be honest. Not to hold anything back and to just tell you how it is, which is what I'm going to do.

It's now past tea time and I feel absolutely fine. I'm hungry, but not starving. I'm not quite eying up the dog as my next dinner just quite yet so that's a good thing. I was so anxious before starting that I think I'm surprised and quite pleased with how well I'm feeling. There are no headaches or nausea and the hunger is completely manageable. I've read mixed things about whether Day 1 or Day 2 is the hardest - it's generally mixed opinions - but I'm not dreading tomorrow as much as I thought I would be.

I've not long taken my 3rd lot of aloe gel, garcinia and bee's pollen and I'm due another round before bed. I think I can make it, I'm feeling pretty confident in myself.

So as promised, my before pictures and stats. The pictures are fully clothed - as much as I want to prove how much this product works, I need to retain a little dignity, sorry! You can clearly see the weight around my middle area and the chunkiness of my thighs, it's definitely not a posing picture. So here goes:




The detox requires you to take measurements of yourself on Day 1. Key areas in which you are likely to lose weight and inches during the cleanse.


Weight: 66kg
 Upper Arm: 30cm
Waist: 32inch
Hip: 40inch
Thigh: 23inch
Chest: 36inch

These measurements are all roughly what I thought I was. I carry the most weight around my middle and definitely in my arse so it's no surprise that these are my biggest areas! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I don't lose any weight in my boobs - I quite like them as they are. 

So I am on to Day 2. Depending how it goes I may post on my progress, but if it goes okay, I'll be quiet until Wednesday.

Fingers crossed everyone!

Chrissy is offering any and every reader £15 off the Clean 9 Detox. If you're looking for some more information or even just a little bit of inspiration, contact Chrissy on the details below:

 

No comments: