Sunday, 29 December 2013

A Very Belated Merry Christmas!

As it is quite obvious to see, the blog has been quiet this month. Actually the past few months in general have seen me slip ever so slowly away from the blogging world and back in to the open arms of my real world.

Christmas this year has been a very happy yet very sad one.

The excitement of having our first Christmas where Princess truly understands the magic of it all, helping her put out the milk and cookies for Santa and the continous "has Santa been yet!?" every morning for the whole of December, only makes us remember more those that aren't around to enjoy the magic with us.

In November, we lost a truly wonderful woman. Ross's Mum. My Mother in Law and Princess's Nana. This Christmas has been full of firsts and not all of them happy ones. The first Christmas where Princess can open her presents all by herself, and the first Christmas that Ross has spent without his Mum.

We have tried to make this Christmas as special as possible for Princess because we know that is what Jayne would have wanted. She would have wanted her to be spoilt, cuddled, kissed, sugar-frenzied and happy. So that's exactly what we did.

Overall, it was a lovely day that we all enjoyed as much as we could. We spent the morning with Princess's Grandad who came to watch her open presents. After the crazy aftermath of opening presents, Ross cooked a mouth watering Christmas Dinner that was devoured by all - including the dogs and cat. A chilled evening full of Christmas films, wine and chocolate was the perfect ending to the day.

As much as I am excited for 2014, I know it will be a sad a year. A year that will be filled with sadness as we experience those first moments that are created by losing someone you love. Her first Birthday without her here, first Mothers Day, the first time she won't get to see her newest Grandchild being born.

Despite this, I plan on making 2014 our year. I'm not quite sure how I'm going to do it yet, but I know I can. I plan on showering my family with love and appreciation. I want them to know how special they are to me, because you never know when they won't be around any more. I plan on believing in myself more. The things I want to do, I will do, and I will enjoy them. I will achieve the goals I set myself throughout the year, and if I don't.. well I won't hate myself for it. I plan on building the confidence of myself and others around me.

I suppose the sadness we feel just reminds us of how much we cared. How much we miss and love someone.

Now that Christmas is over, I'm going to face 2014 head on. I don't have anything spectacular planned, but I will take each day as it comes and enjoy it as much as I possibly can.

I hope all of you had a fantastic Christmas and are all still carrying safely guarded food babies that you all plan on shedding in January. That's what Christmas is all about right? Eating yourself in to oblivion and promising come next year that you WILL be slim? Yeah, me too.

I won't promise to blog more, because we all know that won't happen. But for now, I am enjoying my blog as and when I want to. I never want to see it as a chore or a job because that's when I stop loving it. Let's just see what the New Year brings!


No comments: