Tuesday, 15 October 2013

Neals Yard Remedies - Aromatherapy Room Spray Review

I was recently contacted and asked "How do you sleep at night..?"

Not in an "because you're an awful person" kind of way, but in a way that wonders if I sleep well or not. Obvs.

Now it's no secret that I love my sleep, but I'm not actually a brilliant sleeper. Anxieties and palpitations tend to make it difficult for me to drop off, and then when I eventually do drift into a deep sleep, I usually have a little person poking me to move up. I also snore.. quite badly. So bad in fact, it's been loud enough to wake me up! Anyway, moving o.. It's been years since I have had an uninterrupted nights sleep. So when I was offered to be sent a product that is supposed to help you sleep, I snapped it up.



I was sent a bottle of Energising Aromatherapy Room Spray to try out and record my thoughts on the difference, if any, it made to my sleeping habits.



The bottle comes in lovely packaging - not that it matters, and was beautifully wrapped up in tissue paper. Straight away opening the box you can smell the orange and garden mint wafting through. This is what Neals Yard have to say about their spray:

"Instantly transform your space, and your mood, with a burst of energising aroma. We use natural essental oils to create our pure aromtherapy blends, never synthetic fragrance - when nature creates aromas this amazing, we can't think why anyone would want to use anything else."

And it's true. Why use synthetically enhanced chemicals in perfumed spray, when there natural substances out there that do just as good a job? And who doesn't prefer natural remedies these days? It is also alcohol free so is kind to the skin should you get any on you.

This spray comes from the folks at Neals Yard Remedies and has an uplifting aroma of orange, grapefruit and garden mint. I will admit to not being completely sold at first, I don't particularly like the smell of mint and it is quite strong within the spray.

Pretty much straight away I started spritzing our bedroom. Princess sleeps in there sometimes too so it was interesting to see the effects it had on her. Minus the "Mummy, what's that smell?" that she would ask me every night, she seemed to like it.

I wasn't keen on the smell at first, but after a few days, it started to smell normal. Like.. it's hard to describe but it's a bedroom smell. When I catch a whiff of it heading up the stairs, I almost want to jump straight in to bed because that's what I associate it with now.

The fragrance isn't too strong that you feel like you're eating it like I know some aromatherapy spritzes can seem, once it has settled it's actually really pleasant. It also reminded me of my Grandma who was big on aromatherapy so that was actually quite comforting.

After about 9 days, I didn't notice much difference in it helping me to relax and drift off at night - let's face it, aromatherapy spray isn't going to cure palpitations. But I did notice that in the morning, I'd felt as if I'd had a really good nights sleep. It was almost as if I was in a deeper slumber during the night meaning I was more refreshed in the morning. Even when a little madam poked me awake in the night, I managed to fall back to sleep easier.

We spray the room once in a morning and then once again a couple of hours before bed. The spritz is actually for energising your spaces, rather than to help you sleep, but it has an essence about it that makes you want to climb into bed. Especially with the essence of mint, which I know is meant to be a refreshing scent, I find it calming. I'm still not sure on it when it's strong, but mixed with hints of orange and grapefruit, the smells compliment each other.

I asked Ross what he thought of the room spray too and he has noticed feeling visibly more relaxed once he gets in bed. If anything, Ross is a worse sleeper than I am, so for him to notice some sort of difference is pretty awesome.

I am going to be passing this spray along to a friend who is having trouble sleeping so they too can enjoy the effects. The aromatherapy spray is by no means a sleeping tablet, but it definitely helps to have a beautiful scent and aroma around you whilst you are in bed. I would recommend this product to a friend.

Disclaimer: I received this product free of charge for the purpose of this review.

3 comments:

25castleson25clouds said...

good to know thanks!

tomi mia said...

it was a nice product with a beautiful kind of fragrance. room spray is one of the best scent in its class.

tomi mia said...

it was really nice smell to have. And also a good gift for birthday. room spray is a good fragrance.