Tuesday, 8 October 2013

Happy 3rd Birthday Princess

I have so many words that I want to say to you.

I can't comprehend in to words how much I love you. How amazing you are or how much of an inspiration you are to me. Sure, sometimes you are hard work, but I love you none the less.

Last night I was reminiscing about our time in hospital together. It's crazy to think it was 3 years ago you were welcomed into the world out of the sunroof (I always tell you, you don't do things by halves!). The first night was spent in complete agony. Me, pulling myself up and inching my way towards your plastic cot to haul you out, despite the pain, just so a nurse didn't have to hold you first.


The second night however was much better. They wheeled me in to my own private room so we could both recover. That night, after everyone had left, including Daddy, a song came on the radio.

You were crying so loudly and I didn't know what to do. You are my first baby. I was terrified.

So I sang. I sang this song to you and you stopped crying.

This song reminds me of pregnancy. Of labour. Of you.

It reached Number 1 the week you were born. It could not be more perfect. Instead of writing a post about how amazing you are and how much I love you, please listen to these words and try to understand. Ignore the video, ignore the pretty lady, and please ignore Bruno Mars (He may look attractive here, but trust me, he's not!)

Even the sexy lady bit. You may only be 3, but one of your favourite phrases is "Hey, sexy laydeeeeee!"


"Her eyes, her eyes, make the stars look like they're not shining,
Her hair, her hair, falls perfectly without her trying,
She's so beautiful, 
And I tell her every day.."

"When I see your face,
There's not a thing that I would change, 
Cause you're amazing,
Just the way you are.
And when you smile, 
The whole world stops and stares for a while.
Cause you're amazing, 
Just the way you are."

"You know, you know, you know, 
I'd never ask you to change,
If perfect's what you're searching for,
Then just stay the same."










2 comments:

Jess McGlynn said...

What a lovely post! Made me well up. Hope Princess had a lovely birthday x

Wally Mummy said...

So sweet x Happy Birthday Princess! I'm sure she will have a wonderful day xxx