Sunday, 8 September 2013

Dear Princess

Dear Princess,

In one months time, you will turn 3.

 

I don't care how many times you tell me you will be 4, it won't make you any older.

I don't feel old enough to be the Mother of a near 3 year old. Hell, at times I don't feel old enough to be a Mother at all. But I am, and I couldn't wish for a more amazing daughter.

Now it is coming up to your 3rd birthday, I'm starting to get scared. Turning 3 comes with so many new milestones that I'm not sure I'm ready for. I know you are though. You are so advanced and clever and are ready for so many new things. It's me that's not.

I'm not ready for you to start nursery. Even though I work and I don't see you in the day, I'm scared to not be involved in that part of your life any more. You will be out there on your own, only for a few hours a day, but still.. I won't be there to protect you. I won't be there to help you with your numbers and I won't be there to kiss your poor-poor's when you fall down.

At 2 years old you are already your own person. I can't even call you a toddler because you are so independent and confident, you're already a little lady. You're cheeky and funny, kind and caring. I could go on all day with the adjectives, but I think we all know just how special you are.

It makes me sad that Daddy and I won't be the ones teaching you anymore. We leave that to the care of your teachers, whoever they may be when the day arrives. I know you can protect yourself. You are outspoken and stubborn, I know you will stand your ground. You don't take crap from anyone, even me and Daddy. Nobody can fool you.

I wish it would slow down sometimes. I wish I could sit and drink you in more than I already do. Sometimes I don't think it sinks in that I have helped to create such a wonderful human being. Does it ever?

Next month, you will turn 3.. and I can't wait.



I know they say that time flies when you're having fun.. well Princess, I'm having the time of my life.

4 comments:

Louise Fairweather said...

It is crazy how quick time goes x

Jess McGlynn said...

Argh Misty you probably get this a lot but she is such a beauty!! Seriously enjoy every second because soon she'll be going to school *sob*

Emily Foran said...

Beautiful post, I have been saying similar about Cian starting nursery and my Mum told me 'we only get them on loan'. Have to cherish every second it goes so bloody quick! xx

Bex @ The Mummy Adventure said...

I am dreading sending Dylan off to nursery next year although I know ow much he will love it. Princess sounds like a gorgeous and feisty little lady x