Wednesday, 28 August 2013

Walkers Mighty Lights!

Last week, the lovely folks at Walkers sent me over a nice treat! 

Walkers are launching a new range of crisps - "Mighty Lights". Promising to be 30% less fat than their standard crisps, these are the perfect option for a healthy snack. Also packing a tiny 0.5g of saturated fat, that's definitely something to boast about.


Only 114 calories per packet
 Suitable for vegetarians
Made from real potatoes!
Free from artificial colours and preservatives
MSG FREE!
 

I love Walkers crisps, they are by far my favourites. We were sent 3 packs of 6 in Ready Salted, Roast Chicken and Cheese & Onion. However, I won't lie, I wasn't completely sold on these. I like the idea of a healthy alternative for Walkers crisps, but I don't think they quite match up to the standard of Walker Baked, they just don't pack enough flavour for me. 

When it comes to crisps, I'm much more of a pickled onion, worcester sauce or smoky bacon kind of girl, so I don't particularly think it is due to a lack of flavour, but I'm more a fan of much stronger flavours. 

However, don't let that put you off. Mighty Lights are a great alternative for regular crisps, especially for kids lunchboxes. I'd be much happier sending Princess off to school with a packet of these than some of the other crisps that are on the market. The fact that they are ridged also means that they're much more friendly for tiny mouths!

Also what I did like, was that when you open the packet.. it's full. SO many companies at the moment are falling prey to only half or even quarter filling their packets. It was a nice surprise to actually have a packet of crisps that was satisfying and actually filling!

When I received the crisps, I decided that they would be much more suited to the girls at work rather than at home. I know that these crisps are probably more aimed at children to use as a healthy lunch time snack, but who are the people more likely to buy a low fat crisp option? Us diet-crazy women, that's who! Ross has no interest in eating low-fat crisps and Princess doesn't eat them much anyway, so the girls seemed a better option. So far, they've been a massive hit! Everyone has commented about how nice they are and they can't believe that the taste matches up to Walkers usual crisps even though they're much healthier. What's not to love about that?

Find out more about the Walkers Might Lights range here.

No comments: