Wednesday, 17 July 2013

Saaf Body Oil Review

Stretch marks.

Crafty little things aren't they? There's no sign of them all throughout your pregnancy, and then one day, right in the middle of your third trimester, they appear out of nowhere.

Usually on the lower half of your belly too, so you can't see them. They hide there until someone says to you "Do you want me to rub some cream on those?"

I tried to use the anti-stretchmark creams, I did. I would rub myself all over every time I had a shower or a bath, but that was about as far as I got. And when my tummy got so big that I couldn't see my toes, I sort of gave up. I couldn't see any stretchmarks so they weren't there, right? Wrong.

Unfortunately, around 34 weeks, I was hit big time just under my belly button. They were red, angry streaks and looked awful. Thankfully, I'm not a vain person (too much) and was able to appreciate why they were there. They were my war wounds from the most amazing experience of my life.

That doesn't mean now I'm post-baby that I like having them. Far from it. As well as having to endure the post-baby fat and jiggly bits, they're now silver and streaky too.

I will also admit to putting on weight during pregnancy. In the beginning, I lost a fair bit due to nausea, but once that 20 week mark hit I ate like a trooper. It probably didn't help that my Mum would pop over to work several times a week with a mars bar and a bottle of Dr Pepper - my cravings. Eventually, I ballooned a bit and got stretchmarks in other places too.

The main places effected were my stomach and legs. I even had stretch marks on my calves from when I hit puberty. The tops of my thighs are smattered with white, silver lines. Recently however, I've also had some red blotches appear. They don't seem to be stretchmarks, but they're there none the less.

This is why when I was offered to do a review of the Saaf Eraser Oil, I jumped at the chance. I've tried Bio Oil and Cocoa Butter and never really got on with them. I will admit, I was sceptical, so I wasn't really expecting it to work.


The presentation is lovely, in a slim glass bottle. The oil itself has a citrus like smell, and isn't slimy like other oils. It soaks in to the skin quite quickly leaving a gorgeous shine and softness.  

I haven't used this product as properly as I should have if I'm honest. It is advised to be used twice a day on the effected areas to achieve the best results. I haven't done that. I've used it nearly every time I've had a shower, and a few times in the morning. Apart from that, I've used it as a moisturiser on my legs and arms. 

Now I do realise that this isn't what the product was intended for, but the only thing I will say is that my skin feels absolutely AMAZING. Forget about baby soft skin, you haven't felt anything until you've stroked the arm of a person after they've been using this oil. Honestly, I could stroke myself all day. I usually have quite dry and flaky skin but after using this, my skin is moisturised and healthy looking. 

I still have the red blotches on the top of my legs but they have faded a considerable amount. I reckon if I had been using it properly like I should have, I would have had better results. 

I will definitely be doing more research into these brands just so I can look and see what the other products are about. 

This particular product is absolutely perfect for: 
  • All skin types - especially pregnant and post pregnancy skin
  • Preventing the development and reducing the appearance of stretch marks
  • Soothing away hyper pigmentation
  • Old scars
  • Protecting the skin from the effects of a sun tan   
My skin is pale, blotchy, stretch-marked, pale, dry, flaky and did I say pale? Even though I didn't use this product in the way it was intended - sorry! - I would still wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone with the same skin issues that I suffer with.

Because Saaf use entirely natural products, I would also have no problem recommending it to a pregnant friend. There are no added chemicals, alcohol or fragrance added to any of these products - they even have food grade ingredients too. The Saaf skin care range was designed with family in mind.

The lady behind all of these products, Dr Mah, created the Saaf range for her family. She wanted to use the safest and most natural ingredients possible to help with the skin difficulties that her family suffered with. From this she has been able to create a whole range to suit the needs of every woman out there.

Pricing in at £35.99, I would personally buy this product in the future, knowing how good it really is. I can be such a penny pincher at times, but I can hand on heart say that the Saaf Eraser Body Oil would be worth it.



*strokes skin*


Disclosure: I was a sent a bottle of the Saaf Eraser Body Oil free of charge for the purpose of this review. As always, all opinions and comments are my own.



No comments: