Tuesday, 25 June 2013

Dear Princess

Dear Princess,

Even as you lay upstairs, directly above me, I miss you.

I miss your sweet smile and your chubby cheeks. I miss your cuddles, your laugh and your games.

You can be difficult recently. You don't like not being able to have your own way, and you don't like being told what to do. You like to hit and answer back and then act offended when you're told off.

But I miss you.

Going back to work has made me realise how precious time is with you. I read the blogs of people who maybe don't have their babies anymore, and it kills me. How do they live without their babies?

I couldn't live without you. Not for a single day. I wouldn't want to.

Even when I pray for five minutes of peace, I don't really want them. I want to give you every moment I have. I want you to know how much you are loved and how important you are.

When you kiss and cuddle me without being asked, my heart melts.

Hearing the words "Love you Mummy" makes me the happiest I have ever been. My heart catches in my chest as a lump springs to my throat and I tell you I love you more.

I love the way your tiny hand fits into mine and the way you like to have your nails painted just like Mummy. It makes me feel special.

When you go to bed and the cartoons stay on for another hour, is it because they remind me of you? Probably.

I want you to know that you make me the proudest Mummy alive, and there is not a day that goes by where I don't fall in love with you all over again.

I've just tucked you up in bed because you're feeling a little bit poorly. You wanted me to cuddle you and I just wanted to make you feel better.

Feel better soon Princess.

Love from Mummy x




5 comments:

otilia stocks said...

Such a lovely post. I also said that I will write letters to my daughters more often on the blog.

Laura Huggins said...

Lovely post. I hope she feels better soon x x x

Tas D said...

Awww this is a really lovely letter. I always want a bit of me time and when I get it I spend the entire time asking my OH how he is! :) hope she gets better soon x

Jess McGlynn said...

This is a gorgeous post xx

Louise Fairweather said...

Ah that is lovely. We have the cartoons on after they have gone to bed too - think I just block them out x