Tuesday, 7 May 2013

Walkers Noughts & Crosses

Ever since Princess was younger, I've struggled to find snacks that are healthy for her. Actually, let me rephrase that.. I've struggled to find snacks that are healthy for her, that she will EAT.

We tried them all. Carrot sticks, rice cakes and even switching to wholemeal bread. Unfortunately, she could always tell when we were trying to trick her into eating something that was good for her. Like most toddlers, chocolate, ice-cream and crisps were a common favourite.

Last week something extremely cute arrived in the post!


I'd seen Hoops and Crosses advertised and had tried them myself before we agreed to give these a whirl. 

This super cheeky monkey arrived with a toddler sized booklet containing some rather handy information about these new crisps!

Did you know...

They are made with 50% wholegrain?
Each bag contains only 85 calories?
They contain no artificial colours or preservtives?
They come in three beautiful flavours - roast beef, salt & vinegar and prawn cocktail?

Well.. neither did I, until now!

Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to snap a picture of the Princess enjoying these crisps because they went down far too well. I just didn't get the chance. Obviously a sure sign that she enjoyed them.

The monkey is now also a permanent resident of the family. She doesn't go anywhere without it and takes it to bed every night. Thanks Walkers!

Walkers Hoops and Crosses definitely provide a much healthier alternative for lunchbox snacks compared to your regular crisps. It's like the age old fight to get kids to eat brown bread.. if it looks like a crisp and tastes like a crisp, they don't need to know that it's good for them.

That'll just put them off! 


We were sent a packet of the roast beef Walkers noughts and crosses for the purpose of this review.

1 comment:

Louise Fairweather said...

I am always trying to find snacks for the boys that are ok for me to eat - at 85 calories I will give them a go x