Saturday, 27 April 2013

The Squat Challenge Update

I thought I would let you all know how the 30 Day Squat Challenge is going.

I will admit, I've cheated a bit. I've not done it everyday like I was going to. But, I have stuck to the amount I was supposed to be doing.

Today started with 85 squats before work. I did my 85 squats before dinner and I will do my 85 crunches before bed. I've decided to incorporate skipping into my routine - when it's possible.

I can't do skipping if Princess is awake. She loves to 'help me', by skipping with her own rope. This usually involves her whipping her skipping rope about, shouting "JUMP, MUMMY! JUMP!" whilst bouncing towards me.
To be fair to her, she does also shout "Come on Mummy, you can do it!!" when she see's my face becoming all puffy and red. She's a good sport.

The increased crunches are becoming difficult. I've never been one for situps, I just can't do it. Crunches are easier for me, but now I'm on 85, it's starting to get painful. I'm really having to push myself to get through it.

I must admit, I am noticing small differences too. The new pair of jeans that were originally that pinched a bit too much on the waist, are now feeling a more comfortable. I still have a long way to go, my 'baby/chocolate biscuit' pouch isn't going away by itself.

It would probably help if I incorporated more exercise into my routine, but I just don't feel like I have time. The last thing I want to do after 8 and a half hours at work, is rush off to the gym for an hour of sweating my bollocks off. I'd rather get home, relax, do my squats/crunches and go to bed.Unfortunately, that does not a skinny, tight, flat belly make.

So far, it's going well. Even a small change is a good change so I won'tcomplain. I do feel more proactive now I've started including the skipping, itfeels like I'm working harder. I do have to have a gap between the squats and  skipping though as my legs are jellified by the time I've finished, it would be a bad idea to start the other.


I've also started to eat more healthy meals and cut my portion sizes. I say I'm going to do this every time, but I have actually been looking for new recipes to try. My new favourite is chicken breast with cheese & ham sauce,veg and new potatoes. Less than 500cals and SO filling. It's also pretty tasty too!

I'm feeling positive by my start to the 30 Day Squat Challenge. It may not take my exactly 30 days, but I'm getting there.



No comments: