Tuesday, 16 April 2013

The 30 Day Squat Challenge

If you haven't guessed already, I have absolutely shit will power. My diets are as yo-yo as they can get, exercise happens when I can be arsed (shoulder permitting) and I usually get bored after a week.

Despite that, I still get depressed that I'm an obese cow that deserves to be locked up for fear of people witnessing my jiggly belly.

At first I blamed pregnancy. Then I blamed having a baby. Then I blamed the chocolate biscuits. But if I'm being honest, I only have myself to blame. I'm the one that shovelled in those delicious chocolate biscuits like I'd never taste food again. I'm the one that never exercised after having a baby so my belly never 'bounced back', so to speak. Not that it had anything to bounce back to, I was smaller after-op than I was before I got pregnant..

This is why I have taken it upon myself to do something pro-active. I do go to the gym quite frequently, but as I'm not a member and pay for my classes upfront, I'm spending more in a week than a months membership fee would cost. Of course the obvious answer to that would be to get a membership, but I always forget.. next month, I promise!

Meanwhile, I have taken to the 30 Day Squat Challenge. I was introduced to this by a friend at work who explained to me why she was walking like a decrepit pensioner. After talking to Jayne, my Mother in Law, she showed me where this squat challenge has come from. So far I'm on Day 2. I have also decided to team this up with 50 crunches, then 55 crunches and so forth. 

I have also decided to do this twice a day - so long as it doesn't kill me first. First thing in the morning, and then once in the evening.

It's going well so far, but then again it is only Day 2. Jayne has also lent me her skipping rope so I can get in some extra exercise on those days when I'm not feeling up to the gym. I may also have to start using that ginormous trampoline at the top of our garden.. there's just no excuse!

I'm not going to big myself up this time, or psyche myself up for having the perfect arse because.. well let's face it. This is me we're talking about. But for now, I'm going to keep at it for as long as I can. 

When I get to 200 squats/crunches, I'm sure I won't be so confident!

10 comments:

My Mummy's World said...

Go You :)
I Hope it is going well for you. My diets are yo-yo's too. I looked at this but thinking I will do 30 Day Shread first :) xx

Angeline said...

You can do it! Sometimes motivational quotes from Pinterest helps me....

Claire said...

Lol. Sounds good! I've just had baby number 2, so I might just join you in a few weeks. No excuses for me this time! (Learnt that lesson after my first baby!)

Carley said...

I second the idea of motivational quotes on pinterest - just remember when it gets hard why you're doing it! Cx

Actually Mummy... said...

Please don't be too hard on yourself. It's so difficult to motivate yourself when you have small children to care about before you can care for yourself. Congrats on getting going, and good luck with the regime!

Sue said...

This post sounds exactly like me! I'm also doing this squat challenge and I'm on day 4. Now I just need someone to motivate me to get all this junk food out of my house!

Louise Fairweather said...

I am pretty sure that you are your biggest critic. I keep meaning to lose some more weight but there is always an excuse. It is hard - especially with a little one. Hope you aren't walking like a pensioner ;-) good luck x

Anonymous said...

Awesome blog! Do you have any tips and hints for aspiring writers?

I'm planning to start my own blog soon but I'm a little lost on everything.

Would you advise starting with a free platform like Wordpress or go for a paid option?
There are so many options out there that I'm totally overwhelmed .. Any suggestions? Cheers!

Check out my web page - diet plans for women

Stuart Cookney said...

Great article, i love these 30 day challenges - i found loads of great ones here - www.30dayfitnesschallenges.com - check them out !

Erika Nagode said...

wow twice a day?! You don`t have to do it twice a day, do it once and that time as good as you can.

I just finished day 13 today and OMG this squat challenge is hard! And it is almost a cardio to me :D.