Monday, 18 March 2013

Manic Music Monday

The lovely Emily over at FamilyFourFun runs a super music linky which for some reason, I have only just discovered today. How did that happen?

There is no theme to the linky, it's basically just one song. One song that's special to you that week and cheers you up on a Monday morning.

I love music. Like.. really, really love it. I enjoy pretty much every single genre of music and I'm always willing to listen to something new.

The song I have picked today has been a favourite of mine for a long, long time. It's a sad song, but it always makes me feel happy when I hear it. I can sing along - badly, mind you - to every word and attempt to relate to the lyrics. One thing I've come to find, is I don't relate to these at all.. yet I still love it.

Here is The Fray - How To Save A Life



"Let him know that you know best
Cause after all you do know best

 Try to slip past his defense
Without granting innocence
Lay down a list of what is wrong
The things you've told him all along
And pray to God, he hears you
And I pray to God, he hears you

Where did I go wrong, I lost a friend
Somewhere along in the bitterness
And I would have stayed up with you all night
Had I known how to save a life"

So there you have it, my song for Manic Music Monday!

Head on over to FamilyFourFun and take a look at the other blogs joining in this week.

1 comment:

Emily Foran said...

Amazing song!!
I started linky because of amazing way music and lyrics can lift your heart or transport you to another place. Every song has a special story for someone. Xx