Wednesday, 9 January 2013

Weigh-In Wednesday

A few months ago I mentioned in a blog post about how I was going on a diet.

Well I did.. for about 3 days. Then I gave in, shoved my face in a cake and lived on a sugar rush for the following weeks.

I weighed myself before Christmas and was shocked at what I saw. I was 10 stone.

Now that's not a lot to some. But for a girl of 5ft, it's a lot.

My BMI is 25.8 so I am medically overweight by 0.8 of whatever it is they measure you by.

This New Year I decided to diet. I'm not happy with how my body looks at all. It looks fat. I've gone up a dress size and I feel a beast. I don't feel unhealthy but I feel overweight and because of that, I'm unhappy.



This time, I'm taking it seriously. Even Ross is in on it and is keeping all of his chocolate and biscuits hidden. I'm exercising and my portion sizes of dropped dramatically. I have taken to eating Weight Watchers and Good For You meals and have cut out every single piece of chocolate. I have switched to wholemeal bread and everything I eat is 'light'. Everything is healthy. For example, when offered a takeaway, I ordered a tuna-mayo jacket potato. Tonight, our dinner consisted of chicken breast in cheese and ham sauce, with new potatoes and steamed veg. HEALTHY.

I've been doing this now for about a week. I decided to weigh myself today for the first time after my Zumba session (which fucking killed my by the way..) and was surprised to find I'd already lost half a stone. I reckon this was from all the random walks Ross made me do to the garden centre to buy fish. It's a 20 minute constant up walk hill.. with a pushchair carrying a 2 stone child.

So I'm now 9 and a half stone - 60kg. I'm not sure what weight I would like to get down to as of yet, 50kg would be a massive achievement. Ideally, I would love for my BMI to be 23, the healthy average.

I just want to feel happier in myself and I think by getting my body how I want it will help with that. It's not 'being ridiculous' as I have been told once already after telling someone I was on a diet. If I were brave enough I would take a picture of my body just to prove that I am in fact overweight. I don't have body issues either, I just know that this is the right decision. I need to lose the flab, the mummy tummy, thunder thighs and chicken wings and tone up.

I have decided to record my diet journey and weight loss through the blog. Every Wednesday I will create a post with my weight and whether I've gained or lost. I'm a pessimist, can you tell?

I was going to call it 'Fat Bitch Friday' but decided it was probably inappropriate. It's not 'fat' these days is it? Its 'obese'. Who cares?

So welcome to Weigh-In Wednesday! Wish me luck!

P.S: If anyone would wish to take part in this, please let me know and I'll see about setting up a linky/bloghop!

6 comments:

Musing Housewife said...

Good luck... I'm also doing the same.

There is a weight loss Wednesday over on www.simslife.co.uk if you would like to join in. :)

Misty B said...

Thanks for commenting! I shall definitely be popping over to take a look. I will see you there ;)

pinkoddy said...

Well done you. I think when you are not hugely obses it's sometimes hard to diet because people don't take you seriously.

Feel free to link up with motivational Monday too :)

25castleson25clouds said...

Good luck!

Louise said...

Ive been linking up to one that's on a sunday. If you look at my post you should be able to link up from it. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Nonetheless, there are various pitfalls in obtaining used residence treadmills.
Look into my blog ... dumbbell bench