Friday, 11 January 2013

The new job

Well, I did it! I survived my first week at work.

And I loved it.

Ask me again in six months time and I'm sure my answer will be different, but for now, I'm excited.

The girls I work with can't stop saying how thankful they are that I was chosen to work there and how hopeful they are about my prospects. It makes me feel proud.

Immensely proud.

I've only ever had one job before this, in retail. I was a supervisor and was offered the role of Assistant Manager, but I suppose I still didn't feel worthy enough. When I sit back now and look back over the week, I realise how much I've learnt already.

I'm a quick learner and I'm very hands on. Once I know how to do something, I will continue to do it until I can perfect it. I have a decent memory and can use it to my advantage. I'm also good with people so any job that had customers was bound to suit me.

I don't mean to seem like I'm bragging, I'm just very pleased with myself. That's allowed isn't it?

My current work uniform!
The first day was awful leaving Princess. I was putting off going as long as possible, whilst she sat on the floor playing with her blocks barely batting an eyelid. However, it's worth every minute, when I walk in that door and she greets me with a massive smile, shouts "MUMMY I MISSED YOU" and comes running over for a kiss and a cuddle. Nothing could be more rewarding than that.

My workplace is literally a 90 second walk from my front door which is brilliant. It means I can walk home on my lunch break to see Princess and Ross if I want to. Sometimes they even walk down to me for 10 minutes, just so I can say hi and sneak an extra cuddle. It's lovely.

After my second day, I decided it was time to sign off from the job centre. I had never been so pleased to get rid of something from my life. I feel like I have erased the badness and come out the other side into the light. Even though that sounds mega cheesy, I hated the niche that came with being a Job Seeker. I'm glad to be rid.

This job is also great for my diet. Even though my lunch is an hour, I take myself a lunch so I'm not tempted to buy anything else. I can't drink on the floor so all diet coke consumption is during quick breaks. Without having the time to snack, it's cutting out the very worst part of my diet. I used to snack ALL of the time because I was bored or it was just there. Now I don't have the time, and that makes me happy.

The girls I work with are amazing. They've all been so welcoming and helpful, I've never felt more comfortable around completely new people before. Our manager in particular is possibly the most friendly, and possibly crazy person I may ever meet. They're all brilliant!

As before - ask me in six months, it may all change. I bloody hope not though.

The biggest surprise for me, is how sleepy I am after a day at work. There is no commute for me, and the job is definitely not manual. I spend most of the day sat down at a computer so physical effort is almost minimal. But at the end of the day, when I get home, I'm ready for my bed. I could just have a shower, snuggle into my pyjamas and crawl into bed. Having Princess awake is the only thing that keeps my eyes from shutting.

My first week at work has been great. I've met some fantastic people, worn myself out, learned lots of new things about my job and myself.

 This week, I'm very pleased with myself.

Oh and the diet is going great too!

Lets hope this feeling lasts.


13 comments:

Pinkoddy said...

I am so glad it went well and you are happy :)

Homebird said...

Glad you had a good first week :) hope it continues x

Misty B said...

Thank you! I am very happy right now, long may it continue x

Suzanne said...

This sounds fantastic! I'm so pleased for you. And yes, you are most definitely allowed to,be proud of you :))

Misty B said...

Thanks Em, me too! x

Misty B said...

WOO! I knew it ;) thanks lovely x

Coombe Mill said...

Sounds like all the ingredients for a happy working Mum! Well done you and you should be proud.

Shahnaz MummyBeBeautiful said...

Well done to you...you have every reason to feel proud...as being a working mum has its challenges but can be equally rewarding...and long may it continue for you x Enjoy your weekend :)

Misty B said...

Thank you, I'm keepin my fingers crossed that I lasts!

Misty B said...

It's true, I never realised just how tiring it would be! So totally worth it. Thank you!

Emily Foran said...

Absolutely delighted for you - suspect when we ask in 6 mths you'll be promoted! Xx

Anonymous said...

Shoe or heel Lifts can safely add height when utilized with common sense, wearers ought to realize that their center of gravity will alter and even walking below normal conditions will take some obtaining used to

http://www.hot-sexy-chat.de/MelvinDQ

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.