Wednesday, 16 January 2013

Jake and the Neverland Pirates Hook's Battle Boat Review

One of Princess's favourite things to do, is pretend to be a pirate. I quite often find her babbling away about Captain Hook and Smee, imagining she's on a Pirate ship somewhere on the sea.

To be honest, this makes me a very happy Mummy seeing as Peter Pan is my favourite Disney movie of ALL TIME.

So when I was contacted and asked if we would like to review the Jake and the Never Land Pirates Hook's Battle Boat, I jumped at the chance knowing Princess would absolutely love it.

The boat itself is smaller than I imagined, but the perfect size for children. The pieces consist of battle boat, Captain Hook figurine, cannon and cannon firearms. The boat has wheels on the bottom so Princess could push it about the floor quite easily whilst shouting "ARRGHHHH!"


Both Captain Hook and the cannon detach from the boat so can be used in different settings too. All of the pieces are the perfect size for dainty (or chubby in our case) toddler hands and are easy to use. Princess can quite easily load the cannon with the firearms and shoot away without having to ask for help. This is proven in the way she chases after both me and Daddy shouting "FIRE!!"


One of the things I liked about this toy is that the firearms don't shoot out too fast once you've pressed the button. At first I had images of eyes being poked out and all sorts, but luckily it has just the right amount of pressure behind it that makes it shoot far, but not hard.

 
Ready, aim.. FIRE!

Captain Hooks battle boat would go perfectly alongside the Bucky pirate ship, also from Jake and the Neverland Pirates. I can imagine that may be the next to add to our collection so Princess can have a proper pirate brawl!

Priced at £17, I think this toy is fairly priced considering the amount of fun and entertainment your child can get out of it. Only criticism is it could be a bit bigger. To purchase one of these Neverland Battle Boats, head on over to the Disney website and check out some of their other toys too!


Disclosure: I was sent this product free of charge for the purpose of this review. All opinions and pictures are my own. 

2 comments:

Katey said...

Thank you for the great review. I hope my little one will enjoy this toy as much as your LO seems to enjoy it!

gina caro said...

OMG my son would love this. He is Jake and the Never Land Pirates mad! His new fave dvd is also Peter Pan x