Thursday, 6 December 2012

That thing that I don't have enough of..

This week alone, two of my fabulous blogger friends have posted about not having enough time.

I'm about to jump on the bandwagon.


Seriously, where does the time go? As I'm sat here typing this, I am realising I only have forty minutes until I need to leave to make a trip to the bank and take Princess to toddler group. I then have to come home, clean up and get the ironing done ready for tomorrow.

I also have to plan what to have for dinner, buy it and start making preparations. Although, if I'm being honest, I'm leaning towards frozen pizza..

Sometimes I sit down and think 'I don't understand why people complain about this Stay At Home Mum malarkey, it's EASY'. But on days like today, when I'm running around like a blue arsed fly on speed, I genuinely wish I was sat behind a desk somewhere typing out an email that I could stretch out over an entire morning. That's what you do when you work in an office right?

As well as all of this, I have been applying for jobs, signing on at the Job Centre, Christmas shopping, applying for more jobs, and trying to keep up with a toddler who is finding Christmas a little bit overwhelming.

And as if that wasn't enough, I somehow have to squeeze in a Doctors appointment so I can find out why I'm so damn tired all of the time. (Seems a bit silly now when I read this back..) I have narrowed it down to two things: Either my anemia is playing up and I need to go back on the iron tablets.. or I'm lazy. The latter is probably most true, but I'm fed up of feeling like I could just curl up in a ball and sleep at 11o'clock in the morning after I've just had a good solid 9 hour sleep.

Then there's Princess. Always Princess. Who runs around like she's just drank seven red bulls whilst simultaneously eating several packs of Haribo. She's so energetic all of the time. When she's not happy as larry and doing laps of the living room, she's throwing an all out belting, mother fucker of a tantrum and I'm left feeling spent and ready to collapse. When I'm not making trips to the supermarket or to the bank, chances are, I'm carrying a toddler over my shoulder or on my hip (which breaks my back btw, she's 3 bloody stone!)

Parenting is fun, no?

So I'm going to make myself a deal. I am going to take some time out for myself. Whether that be to read a book, write a blog post (and not hurriedly like I am now. Seriously, I can barely see my fingers!) or just browse on the internet. I will have a glass of wine in hand, phone in the other and I will enjoy a Twitter conversation like I used to.

If you don't see me for more than 3 days, send a search party. In fact don't..

Send wine.

3 comments:

Jess @ CatchaSingleThought said...

Ha I blogged about time this week too! I think we always fill our time, no matter what we've got on...I somehow always run out of time even on days when I'm not really doing much!

Hope you enjoy your 'me' time xx

Misty B said...

You were one of the fabulous blogging friends j was referring to! It seems crazy that we are actually able to run out of time doesn't it? These days time just flies by and it's 10 in the evening before I've even sat down.

Hopefully we can find a balance at some point x

Jess @ CatchaSingleThought said...

Oh *blushes* thanks :D