Wednesday, 19 December 2012

Christmas Time.. Meme and Wine!

That title is such a lie.. I don't have any wine *sob* what is this!?

Gather round my friends, the beautiful Cas over at Mummy Never Sleeps has tagged me in this Christmassy meme! Now I'm usually not very fond of meme's.. they seem to be something you use just to fill up empty space on your blog. And that's EXACTLY what I'm going to do.

Can I hear you yell BLOGGERS BLOCK!?

Cheers.

Alright, so here we go.


What is your favourite thing about Christmas?

I don't think I can pin point one thing that I love. I love all of it. I love the excitement, the festivities, the parties, the presents, the booze, the laughs and the fact we can do all of this with family. It's just fun isn't it!? I enjoy buying presents for the people I love and I even *whispers* enjoy wrapping them! I like to see peoples faces when they open their gifts to see if they really like their present or if they are in fact just pretending. Usually they love it, I'm an awesome gift buyer.

But apart from that, I love it even more now that Princess is old enough to get excited about it. This year I am thriving off of her excitement. The way her face lights up when she see's the Christmas lights or a snowman (fake obviously, I mean, where the fuck is the snow? What is mother nature playing at!?) I loved taking her to see Santa Claus even though she was terrified of him and cried.
I just know that with every year to come, each Christmas will become more special.

What is your favourite make-up look for this season?

If I'm being honest, the fresh faced look. I've gone off make-up recently unless it's necessary. For example, if Princess has kept me up half the night, then a bit of concealer and mascara might be in order, just so I don't scare away the post man. For the past few weeks though, I haven't been using anything other than water and moisturiser, and my skin feels amazing for it. I never used to leave the house without make-up, scared of what people might think. But once I realised that I wasn't in fact hideous and making innocent children cry, I quite enjoyed being sans make-up. I might get a bit dolled up on Christmas Day & Boxing Day, but I don't have any particular look.

Real or fake tree?

I have never had a real tree *waits for people to throw tomatoes*. I don't know why, it's just never appealed to me. Just the idea of actually having to, you know.. look after a tree, bores me to tears. I can't even keep grass alive, never mind a flaming tree! Also, my front room is nowhere near big enough to fit a real tree, they're far too wide.
I would like to own a real tree one day though, just so I can experience that 'christmassy' smell you're all bragging about.


Giving or receiving presents?

This changes with age. When you're younger, there's nothing better than receiving gifts. However, the older you get, the more you appreciate the satisfaction present giving brings. Seeing that look of genuine surprise and joy on their face because of something you've bought specifically for them is a feeling you just can't beat.

What's your favourite Christmas film?

Miracle on 34th Street. I absolutely love Chris Kringle, probably the best Santa, ever!
I'm also loving Curious George: A Very Monkey Christmas... and I don't care who knows!

What's your favourite Christmas food?

All. Of. It.

The Christmas dinner with all the trimmings, the chocolate, sweets, party food etc. You just cannot beat Christmas for amazing comfort food. All of that meat, yummmm!


And there you have it, my Christmas meme is all complete!!

So now, because I'm feeling all festive and in a giving mood, I'm going to tag some of you beauties!

*DRUMROLL PLEASE*

I tag:

Pressies by Pebbles

My Mummys World

Kip Hakes

Enjoy x





1 comment:

Pressies by Pebbles said...

I LOVE Christmas :) Great questions and thanks for tagging me. I'll try and respond tomorrow. Happy Christmas