Monday, 26 November 2012

Say NO To Scrooge

2012 is the first year that Princess can appreciate Christmas.

For her first Christmas she was just 10 weeks old and just over a year for her second. This year she is a very smart and alert two year old that could not be more excited.

However, for each and every year, we have decked our house out like Santas Grotto. I remember her tiny 10 week old face as she stared in wonder at the twinkling lights on the Christmas tree. 

 

And I remember her as a cheeky one year old, fascinated by the tinsel and baubles.


This year is no different, except she can now express her amazement at the lights and decorations. She's currently obsessed with snowmen and asks Ross and me to draw them. I have downloaded an app on my phone so I can pretend Santa Claus is ringing her to see if she's been good. All of this, just to put a smile on my girls face. And it works.

For me, Christmas is about family. Whether you have kids of your own or it's just you spending time with your family, it's what it's all about.

So I don't understand why people have to be such Scrooge's about Christmas!

Yes, October is a bit too early to start decking the halls with boughs of holly (fa la la la la, la la la la) and putting up the Christmas tree - I mean, let's get Halloween and Bonfire night out of the way first - but when it's mid November, when we only have 40 SLEEPS to go, why moan? Why ruin it for those of us who are excited for something? Especially when the reason we're excited for Christmas, is because we love our children and thrive off of their own eagerness.

YOU'RE RUINING MY CHRISTMAS SPIRIT.

Those lights in the town centres haven't been put there for the soul purpose of annoying you. Oh no. They've been put there for you to enjoy and maybe even cheer you up! Join in with the Christmas festivities. Break out the mince pies and pick funny baubles to stick on your tree. You never know, you might just crack a smile and God forbid - enjoy yourselves.





9 comments:

Lauren - Big Eejit said...

I hear what you are saying. I try very hard not to be a scrooge. But these things are thrust upon us so early that it's almost as if we are wishing our lives away sometimes! And it's in my face for so long that by the time Christmas is ACTUALLY here I am sick of it. Maybe that is just my personality. I like to feel the magic of things and really appreciate them and for me that means trying not to end up with overkill. Perhaps it's my job too - I work for a church so I have to start thinking about Christmas in August for goodness sake! It is a busy time of the year and I just want to get my work things out of the way before I can really enjoy it (which this year is the 23rd December!) so perhaps Christmas in October/November just reminds me off all the crazy work I have to do before I can rest!
Anyway, it's YOUR Christmas and YOUR house and you should do whatever you want. If little one loves it then stuff everyone else! x

Misty B said...

I completely understand where you're coming from. August is ridiculously early to start thinking about Christmas, no wonder you get sick of it!

I've not always enjoyed Christmas so much, it genuinely is just becaue my girl is excited for it. Everything she see's she's in awe of and it's so lovely to watch.

Come back next month though, I might be saying something different haha!

25castleson25clouds said...

Thank you for cheering me up! With a december birthday (which I am having nightmares trying to sort) a partner with a december birthday and our two year anniversary in december and a house move on the first I had forgotten all about Chrismtas somehow other than thinking how annoying it was I have to buy gifts in amoungst all this - thank you for reminding me that christmas is special!!

Jaime Oliver said...

I never really got excited about christmas but after having my first child 11yrs ago i now LOVE christmas and all our christmas shopping is done wrapped tagged and ready to go! bring it on :-)

Leoni-Fay said...

Hi! I think our little ones are the same age? The monster was 8 weeks old on her first christmas, and we are so looking forward to this year, If only we werent moving house in December, I could really go to town with the tinsel and sparkles. I'm looking forward to taking her to see santa tho. I think having children can really change your perspective on everything, and christmas is just one of the things that can change for you.

I've been away for a while, getting stressed out with solicitors and estate agents, so now I'm going to go destress by and catch up on your blog!

Misty B said...

Wow, you are a busy lady this December! See, if you were to complain about Christmas, I would totally understand - you already have a lot to celebrate. But for those who just generally moan about it, when really, they love it, BOO to them. Hope you have a fantastic birthday and anniversary. And that the house move goes well!

Misty B said...

I haven't wrapped mine yet! I feel like if I wrap it now, then all my preparation is done and the excitement will be over.. so I'm saving it for like.. the week before Christmas where I will no doubt curse myself for doing so haha x

Misty B said...

I have wondered where you have been. I'll pop over to yours now to have a catch up (haven't been online properly for quite a while!). Kids change everything don't they, and it's definitely for the better. Who can complain about Christmas when you have excitable little faces!? x

Anonymous said...

[p]Why not freeze water with cut up pieces of fruit to make attractive, flavoured ice cubes ?a brilliant idea for parties . The material of the [url=http://uggbootsgrey.webstarts.com]ugg boots grey[/url] boots is impressive . There are also lots of accessories to personalise these boots, such as fur, side wooden buttons or laces . Drying happens at 50-80 degrees Anders Celsius . And [url=http://uggbootsforsaleusa.webstarts.com]ugg boots for sale usa[/url] also protect feet through coldness along with moisture from the cold weather inside wintertime . The origin of this euphemism for a graveyard was that a man, who died violently and most probably by a gun bullet, would still be wearing his Women's Classic Cardy 5819 . For decades, Nike transnational sports apparel brands as migratory birds, from Europe and the United States fly to Japan,from Japan's fly to China Taiwan, South Korea, and then fly to China, and now fly to southeast Asia, South Asia, the reason is only [url=http://uggbootspink.webstarts.com] ugg boots pink[/url] one, where labor costs low on the fly to where . UGG started its all-overs in Chinese market and accumulating the accustomed trend.[/p][p]However, these shoes are not designed to be waterproof, so try not wear them during rainy weather . com/article/467090-2-signature-styles-of-ugg-boots/ [url=http://uggbootssaleamerican.webstarts.com]ugg boots sale american[/url] Editor: Vivian . With no comparison, Merino wool has chemical properties that makes the UGG Boots Outlet very unique . The popular [url=http://ukuggsaleoutlet.webstarts.com聽]uk ugg sale outlet[/url] brand affordable ugg boots out there for sale comes from Australia . Leona has a nylon and leather upper and a zip that runs down the side of the boot for easy on and off access . Besides, the UGG won my heart with its stylish designs, I believe that it will be the must have fashion item of the winter in UK . It can also strike older men and women following an uncommon exertion or repetitive projects and at times can go undetected . If you'd like to shield your lovely legs from the ice cold winter season, you should purchase a couple bailey button uggs website marketing.[/p]