Wednesday, 10 October 2012

The Gallery - Yellow


When I was 3 months pregnant with Princess, my Grandma passed away. She had just managed to see in her Birthday before she died.

For the past 2 years after that, we have all gathered at her home, and set off balloons.

My Grandad still lives there alone, in the mobile home that they shared. The first time we did this, Princess was only 4 months old. The second time she was 16 months and was walking. She also had a a fairly excitable tendency when it came to balloons.

My Grandma's favourite colour was yellow. 

Princess and my Grandma - her Great Grandma - never got to meet, despite her being aware I was pregnant even before I did! I will always be sad that my Grandma never got to meet Princess, but I know she would have loved her, just as I do.

This picture is very personal to me, as well as comical.

I am taking part in this weeks The Gallery. Pop on over to Tara at Stickyfingers to check out the rest of this weeks pictures. 


7 comments:

The Mini Mes and Me said...

Such a sweet thing to do.
I love how only the balloon is in colour x

Mama Syder said...

Awww such a lovely thing to do, gorgeous photo x

Actually Mummy... said...

We do a balloon for my Dad and the kids really get it. I love the coloursplash

achan said...

A simple idea which means so much, beautiful photo

Adventures of a Middle-aged Matron said...

What a poignant tale and what a cleverly done photo

Clairejustine said...

Such a sweet way to remember :) lovely picture...

Anonymous said...

Thаnks foг finаlly writing about > "The Gallery - Yellow" < Loved it!

my web-site ... chlаmydіа tеѕt