Tuesday, 9 October 2012

Happy Birthday Princess


Today you turned 2.

At this very moment in time 2 years ago, you would have been nearly 16 hours old.

When I look back and think about how much you have grown over the past two years, it takes my breath away.

You are now walking, talking, laughing and generally melting my heart every single day. I never tire of your company, or your laugh and I would do absolutely anything to see you smile.


Today you were spoilt by all of your family. You got lots of presents and cards, even though of course you didn't care about the cards. 

You loved your Peppa Pig toys from mummy and daddy. Especially your remote control car and Grandad Pig 'choo choo'.


Your cousins came round and you had amazing fun bouncing on the trampoline with them, kicking and chasing balloons and eating your party food.

You especially liked your Birthday cake. We got your favourite - chocolate cake. Just like Peppa. You thought blowing out the candle was hilarious and made Daddy light it four times, just so you could blow it out again.


Before bed, we played in the bath with your new bath crayons. We drew all over the side of the bath, and all over your arms, tummy and legs too. Sadly we had to wash it all off before you got out, but you had so much fun doing it.

When people tell me that time goes fast, I now understand what they mean. It seems like only yesterday you were my tiny bundle of joy, all squidgy and cuddly with that amazing newborn smell and soft skin.

You were absolutely tiny.


Now you're so tall. You take after your Daddy so much. Where you used to be bald, a head of curly ringlets has taken it's place. You're still squidgy in that cute chubby, cherub way and everyone loves to cuddle you. 

You give the most amazing cuddles.

Before you fell to sleep tonight you told me

"Sankoo Mummy"

I'm not sure what you were thanking me for. I feel like I should be thanking you for everything you have brought to my life. Happiness, joy and fulfillment. 

If I'm honest, today has been sad for me too. You are no longer a baby, but a little girl. Your personality shines through brighter each day and as I get to know you, I love you a little bit more. If that's even possible!

Happy 2nd Birthday Princess. I hope you have had an amazing day.

Lots of love,

Mummy x


2 comments:

Emily Foran said...

So cute - hope your princess enjoyed her special day! xx

Anonymous said...

It's actually a great and helpful piece of information. I'm happy that you
simply shared this helpful info with us. Please stay us informed
like this. Thank you for sharing.
Also see my web site > contractor in Orlando