Tuesday, 7 August 2012

Mischievous Monday

 


Princess is no stranger when it comes to mischief, in fact trouble could be her middle name. So when I saw that Louise over at A Strong Coffee had started a linky dedicted to her mischievous middle man, I knew this would be a fantastic one for us to join in on.

Firstly I would like to apologise for lack of picture evidence of Madams mischief, but these past couple of days have been busy like you wouldn't believe. Out of the blue, Ross and I have decided to decorate. Now when it's just the two of us with a toddler who if I'm being honest, is a tad adventurous, things start to get messy.

For example, we now have no spare paint brushes. This is because Princess decided she wanted to dip each and every one into the tin of paint and paint her bed frame. Maybe she wanted her bed to match the colour of the walls, I don't know? But either way, she made one hell of a mess with it.

Maybe I should do a list of all the mischief she has managed to get herself into over the past week or so? I probably shouldn't, I'm guessing you all have a life to get back to! I'll give you a few...


Saturday night, I was enjoying a lovely glass of wine - or "Mummy juice". It's not very often I get to have a drink, I'm usually too tired and forget. But that night I was enjoying it. Princess was still awake because *ahem* Daddy had let her have a nap in the day time (5pm!!) so come 11pm, she was still hyper and running around - obviously causing mischief. All of a sudden, the glass is nearly knocked out of my hand. I look down and Princess has her entire hand shoved into my wine glass. She then proceeded to take it out and shove her whole fist into her mouth. When she'd finally sucked every last ounce of wine from her fingers, she turned to me, smiled and said "Mmmm Mummy!"
I think I'll wait until she's in bed before cracking a bottle open in future!

The other day whilst on the bus, Princess sadly found the button to ring the bell. Usually she can't reach it, but on this occassion, she could. This meant that every couple of minutes when I'd finally let my guard down, I'd hear the bell ping and have to apologise to the bus driver. It only made the situation worse when she'd press the bell just before we got to a stop making the driver slam his brakes on in a hurry. Needless to say I think him and all the passengers were happy when we finally got off. In fact, I have evidence of this mischievous behaviour!


I'm looking forward to reading up on everyone elses Mischievous Mondays, I'm sure they were all as eventful as ours. If you fancy joining in, just head on over to A Strong Coffee and link up your posts.

5 comments:

Louise said...

I reckon your little girl would get on great with middle man. She must be calling your bluff on wine - no kids like it. Middle man did the same with curry! I am waiting til everyone's at school or preschool to do some decorating! Thanks for linking up and hopefully see another mischief post next week.

Jess @ CatchaSingleThought said...

Oh dear she is a mischievous toddler isn't she! Maybe you've got a mini Picasso on your hands painting her bed frame!

Jess @ CatchaSingleThought said...

Oh dear she is a mischievous toddler isn't she! Maybe you've got a mini Picasso on your hands painting her bed frame!

Jess @ CatchaSingleThought said...

Oh dear she is a mischievous toddler isn't she! Maybe you've got a mini Picasso on your hands painting her bed frame!

Charlotte said...

Oh dear! Cant believe she enjoyed the taste of wine. Thought that came much later! ;o) x