Tuesday, 14 August 2012

Lumpy Frumpiness

Do you ever get that feeling where you look at yourself in the mirror and just see a lump?

Well that's how I feel right now. I wouldn't particularly call myself fat, but I'm chubby. I have bingo wing arms, a fat ass and an extra tyre around the waist. According to my BMI I'm  not overweight. (Well according to the BMI reading Boots gave me, I am overweight - I'm also only 4ft9in apparently) I may be short but I'm not that short.

Which brings me to my next point. When I tell people my weight (it's normal to tell people right?) I always get the same comments. "That's NOTHING!" "That's no weight at all!" "If you lose any more you'll be anorexic!" Okay, let me stop you right there. Maybe my weight isn't a lot to YOU, but please bare in mind I am only 5 foot tall. If you were 5ft9 and my weight, then yes you would be highly underweight. But for my height, it makes me chubby. So please, keep all comments to yourself.

Basically what I'm trying to say, is I'm going on a diet. Well I have started already.

I've downloaded the MyFitnessPal and Pedometer apps to my phone, I've cut out all the fizzy drinks, sweets and chocolate and I'm making sure I walk as much as possible. I've been doing this now for about a week, but I only weighed myself for the first time yesterday so I've no clue if I've lost any weight yet. Doubtful to be honest, I haven't really done much exercise. I promised Ross's Mum I'd be back doing Zumba with her again but haven't actually made a session so far. Including tomorrows because my brother is coming round for a catch up and a cheeky bottle of wine *oops!*

I've dieted before and it's gone well. So long as my mind is set on losing weight, I can do it. I'm not so great at the exercise part, after a long day of looking after Princess I usually don't feel like jogging/running/dancing. Although I suppose chasing a toddler round all day is pretty good exercise in itself.
*Makes note to get her on the trampoline tomorrow*

I will keep you all updated of my weight loss (or gain, we'll see how lucky I am) but for now, just keep your fingers crossed for me, and any words of encouragement are greatly appreciated!

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Hi Misty, I see you have also changed your blog layout! I too have :)

I think at the end of the day, people shouldn't say rude comments like, and I quote "If you lose any more you'll be anorexic!" It can upset people.

At the end of the day if there is a certain weight you want to reach, then set yourself goals, keep focused and don't let the haters get you down.

ramblingsofruralreality.blogspot.co.uk

Misty Bird said...

Thanks for the comment!
I cheated on my layout and downloaded a template haha, feel a bit of a fraud!

It's definitely rude to make comments like that, even if they do mean them in a nice-ish sort of way. I haven't set a goal weight yet, I just want to get rid of some of the jiggly bits which unfortunately means exercise!

Will check out your new layout now :)

Nikki said...

What colour is your theme to be? As I can only see white backround with black font, or that it??? Have you got an xbox kinect??? I found half an hour on kinect adventures tires me out and in need of a shower after all the jumping, ducking, kicking and waffing of arms lol