Monday, 30 July 2012

Champix & Me - I lost count of the days...

I thought I would do a small update as to how I'm getting on with the Champix and quitting smoking.

The good news is - I've quit!

The bad news is I'm as sick as a dog. Honestly, sometimes I feel like I should be put down. The nausea I'm experiencing at the moment due to the tablets it's ridiculous. I'm so close to just stopping taking them altogether but I don't want to end up smoking again.



I would hope that I would have enough will power not to slip back into my old habits, but I'm not willing to risk it. I'd feel like such a failure if I started smoking again and I really don't want to. I guess I'm just going to have to suck it up and deal with the sickness.

As of today, I have been quit for 12 days! Very nearly 2 weeks. I really am proud of myself, it's not something I ever thought I would achieve. I've always told myself I would quit when I was ready, whether it be now or in the future, but I never really believed it. I honestly thought I'd be smoking forever. 

In all fairness if I had a little bit more confidence in myself then I'd have probably quit years ago. I'm only 22 and have smoked for 8 years, it's awful. My main reason for quitting is because I don't want Princess to start. Realistically I know that if she's going to smoke, then she's going to smoke, but at least this way I know that I won't have influenced her into that decision. If anything my experience of it will hopefully put her off. 

A short and sweet post from me today, I don't have much more to add. I'm proud of myself and I only hope I can keep it up.

3 comments:

A Jones said...

Electronic cigarettes are amazing devices. They have been so useful in helping many members of my family quit smoking!

David Jones said...

I really hope they aren't banned. I've seen first hand the effect they can have on smokers and how they can improve their lives!

Shaun Marsh said...

Excellently amazing and exciting too. Can you please mention me the source of your reference... I am happy that at least somebody gave this subject an attention.
Hookah Pipes