Friday, 16 March 2012

I can't live without my...

I'm a little bit bored right now, so I thought I would compile a list of the top 5 things in my life that I can't live without. I might sound a little bit mundane, but it'll keep me occupied untill Ross gets back from work in approximately 40 minutes.

So here goes...


Number Five

The laptop. I must add, it's not actually my laptop, my Aunty has lent it to me to use until I get a new one next month. It's the most useless laptop in the entire world. The wireless is horrendous and quite often cuts the internet out for no apparent reason. Despite all of this, I couldn't live without it. It's my only entrance to my blog, to Facebook games and to what ever other crap I decide to use it for. As much as I hate it, I love it too.

Number Four

Wine. I should change that to alcohol in general, but I have to say wine is usually my first choice of beverage. I'm no expert I can assure you, and it usually doesn't even matter what colour it is, as long as it's cheap, tastes nice and takes the edge off whatever kind of day I've had. Ross doesn't understand why I drink wine, he thinks I'm an alcoholic despite only drinking about once a month if that, but if I knew that I would never be allowed to drink it again, I'd be rather distraught.


Number Three

My Dog Tia-Dalma. Whilst we've been living at Ross's Mums, my gorgeous baby dog Tia has been living with his sister and family. Needless to say she's made herself quite at home and probably isn't missing me in the slightest. I on the otherhand miss her everyday. I miss her snuggling up to my legs when I curl up on the sofa at night, I miss her having an absolute fit every time I walk through the front door. I miss the way she runs like a greyhound despite having 2 inch legs. Our new landlord doesn't allow pets and I have to somehow make him change his mind before we move in. I probably don't stand a chance, but I don't want to imagine my life without her. She was my first baby (despite Captain Jack Sparrow, my rabbit) and I've had her for 4 years now. I can't give her up!
And if you are wondering, yes, both of my animals are named after Pirates of the Caribbean characters. Don't judge me.

Number Two


My Blackberry (soon to be my iPhone!)
Now let me just get this straight, I hate my Blackberry. It is the absolute bane of my life. Half of the time it doesn't work, and when it does, it's slower than a disabled snail. I've had to have the handset replaced several times because they didn't work or were faulty. It didn't update for the first year. However, despite my hatred for the cursed Blackberry 8900, we've had some good times. I was besotted when I first received the phone and spent hours playing with it. It has been my entrance into the world of Facebook, Twitter and many other things. My contract ends on the 3rd April and rather than renew my contract for a new BB, I have decided to go for the iPhone 4s. Not for Suri, not for the games, simply for Instagram. I need this app in my life - considering how many pictures I take! - and I will not rest until I have it. The rest can wait.

Number One

My Family.
Yes, I'm being all smushy now, but it is the plain and simple truth. If I didn't have my family, none of the above would even matter. I wouldn't care about them (well maybe Tia, but I suppose she classes as family!). Most importantly, Ross & Princess. I didn't expect to be a Mum at such a young age, but there's a reason for everything. I wouldn't change one thing about my family., not Ross, not Princess, not my Mum, not my in-laws. Nothing. They're all perfect in their own way, and each and every one of them have made me who I am today, whether it was influenced in childhood, or in motherhood. I love them and they love me (and if you don't, strike yourself off my list!) so that gives me everything I'll ever need. And lets face it, if I didn't have my family, who would ever ring or text me!?


So there you have it. My top 5 things I can't live without. I'm pretty sure my list is pretty normal to be honest, there's no crazy obsessions or addictions I should have added. Feel free to join in!

4 comments:

chamberlinds said...

I'm with you there on the wine and blackberry!!! Although I do indulge much more than once a month.. :)

Your blog is great! x

Misty Bird said...

Aw thank you!
I wish I had the time to indulge a little more, I'm usually too tired to open the bottle and pour haha x

Lena said...

Awwwww yep that's kind of what my top 5 would look like, but we don't have a dog so chocolate would have to be on my list xxxxx

Misty Bird said...

I have to be in the mood for chocolate, otherwise I don't enjoy it. There's probably something wrong with me! I definitely can't live without my Tia though, she's part of the family :) x